SPOILER ALERT!

The Princess Bride

The Princess Bride - William Goldman I admit I was very wary of reading this book. There is no WAY it could measure up to the movie right? I have never read a book that was witty like the movie, which is one of the things I loved so much about it.

I'm so happy that I was wrong though :) I haven't ever seen a movie that followed it's book so closely including all of the humor. I was very pleasantly surprised :)

As a whole I really liked it. But, I'm not sure I would have liked it so much if I hadn't already had the benefit of seeing the actor's spin on things though. The book didn't really get into the feelings of the characters very much, just told us the story very much like a fairy tale, if that makes any sense :)

Compared to the movie, I really didn't like how DUMB Buttercup was in the book! I never got that impression of her in the movie, and it was kind of annoying to me. But thankfully her stupidity didn't present itself too often in the book, so it wasn't a HUGE deal, but yeah :)

During the intro, I was pretty pissed off at the "author" and the way he was treating his family and especially his son. I know it wasn't real, but I was still not happy with this. The "author" was so insensitive and I didn't like reading his parts very much.